Welcome!

Welcome! This blog will chronicle my efforts to document, through my artwork, the landscape and the buildings around me. I hope to learn about the history of the beautiful place in which I live and to share that with others through sketching, painting, and writing.

Buy my artwork! I maintain a website where all of my affordable artwork can be viewed and purchased easily. The site is here: Libby Fife Fine Art

Please feel free to leave a comment or to email me.
libbyfife@ymail.com

I also maintain a studio blog which is looser in format. Check me out there to see what else I am doing:
http://quiltedcraftsman.blogspot.com/

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Southworth Silo

Southworth Silo
8" x 10" acrylic on 3/4" profile canvas
$65 + $10 USPS or free local delivery
As part of my process in painting, I frequently go out and about in my neighborhood to sketch and take photos. In the effort to locate the old Evergreen Schoolhouse that I wrote about earlier, I was driving along Southworth Rd in Burson just a bit past Evergreen. This silo really caught my eye so I went back out to have another look. While I don't know specifics, I can see that there are horses being raised in the area, I saw a pumpkin patch farther down the road, I know there are olive orchards, and in general, I know that people have farmed in Burson. This silo may not be in use but it is similar to others of its kind. And knowing that this was an agricultural area, I can bet that this silo probably held some type of feed or grain at some point. Some of the fun of this project is guessing based on what you do or don't know. Good stuff. (picture included below)
Thanks for reading and let me know via email if you know any more about silos:)
Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or to send me an email: libbyfife@ymail.com