Welcome!

Welcome! This blog will chronicle my efforts to document, through my artwork, the landscape and the buildings around me. I hope to learn about the history of the beautiful place in which I live and to share that with others through sketching, painting, and writing.

Buy my artwork! I maintain a website where all of my affordable artwork can be viewed and purchased easily. The site is here: Libby Fife Fine Art

Please feel free to leave a comment or to email me.
libbyfife@ymail.com

I also maintain a studio blog which is looser in format. Check me out there to see what else I am doing:
http://quiltedcraftsman.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"Round The Corner
11" x 14" Acrylic on wrapped canvas
Every year the Calaveras Arts Council sponsors a studio tour. Artists in Calaveras County open up their studios so that the public can view artwork for sale and to see artists at work. During last year's event, we ended up in Mountain Ranch. On our way to Murphys, we stopped in the small town of Sheep Ranch. I have written a little bit about Sheep Ranch before. It is another little gold rush town that was once a bustling area but is now just a quiet couple of streets. Many of the older buildings are still standing though some are not inhabited or in use. This particular home looks to me like it is being lived in. It is across (kitty-corners) from what I was told is a former general store. I suppose I have a romantic vision of these things. It was a warm summer's day in late fall and I tried to capture that along with what I believe to be a somewhat solitary and isolated existence, living in a small rural town.


Libby

1 comment:

  1. Hi Libby,
    I probably saw this painting before on your other blog, but seeing it again, I just love it!! Such a natural sense of movement and the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or to send me an email: libbyfife@ymail.com