Welcome!

Welcome! This blog will chronicle my efforts to document, through my artwork, the landscape and the buildings around me. I hope to learn about the history of the beautiful place in which I live and to share that with others through sketching, painting, and writing.

Buy my artwork! I maintain a website where all of my affordable artwork can be viewed and purchased easily. The site is here: Libby Fife Fine Art

Please feel free to leave a comment or to email me.
libbyfife@ymail.com

I also maintain a studio blog which is looser in format. Check me out there to see what else I am doing:
http://quiltedcraftsman.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

From The Rooftops: San Andreas View


From The Rooftops
8" x 10" acrylic on canvas
$65 + $10 USPS or free local delivery

While in San Andreas one morning looking for something to paint, I got a little frustrated. No doubt there is much to paint there, (historic buildings, etc.) , but I wasn't having any luck. On the way in to town I had seen these rooftops from across the street while driving. I parked my car and took some photos but was still looking for the "perfect" composition. When I got home to review my photos, I saw that this simple arrangement of shapes and values was exactly what I was looking for. This view is of the side and tops of a group of buildings whose entrances are located on main street and whose sides are on St. Charles!

As always, comments are welcome.
Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or to send me an email: libbyfife@ymail.com